If you are thinking about decorating your living room, but have never embarked on this type of project before it can be a bit of a daunting task. It is best to make sure you have planned what you want to do and have given yourself enough time to achieve the look you want. If you are having trouble planning this project here are a few tips to assist you in achieving the perfect living room in your TORTOLA RENTALS.
1. It is a good idea to set off with a clear plan in your mind and a general vision of what you want your living room to look like. This does not mean that you have to know every detail, but a general idea will help you to achieve your goal. Behind every successful project, there is a strategy and a plan, the same should be applied here.
2. You should do as much research as you can before deciding on the look of your room. You can find plenty of home magazines and catalogues or surf the net for some great ideas of living room colors and styles. If you find something you like, tear the page out or print the picture off and keep it aside for reference later on. After you have a collection of different designs youcan then choose which ones suit you and your home, although this may be a little confusing at times it will help you in deciding what you do and dont like.
3.Lighting will be an important aspect of your decoration, as it creates good ambiance, and adds to the mood and atmosphere of the room. So choose your lighting carefully so that you can create the right feel for your living room.
4. Selecting the correct furniture is vital, again a good idea is to look through magazines and on the internet to match the correct furniture to the style of your room. After choosing, placing the furniture in the correct place and position is also important. It is never a good idea to line it up against the wall. Your room look small with this kind of arrangement.
5. Curtains can make a room, so choosing them is very important, a nicely decorated room with shabby curtains that do not match will make all your efforts void. a good tip is to choose curtains which match the color of the furniture.
6. Adding to the list of the most important parts of a room, flooring is also another that should be kept in mind as It is essential for furnishing. The coverings of the floor can be tiles, carpet or wood, and as you will see quite a bit of it, the color should tie in nicely with the furniture and walls.
7. You should ensure that there is a sufficient amount of free space to allow you to get walk around and daily activities otherwise the room will feel like a furniture shop.
8. Pick up any accessories that match in with your scheme to add zing to your room and make it unique. Craft shows and flea markets are good for this sort of thing.
9. If you are into plants you could always choose some colorful plants to provide a natural beauty to your new living room.
10. Some interesting paintings can really bring style to your room, so get out there and check out some art work that will compliment your choice of decoration.
Decorating for the first time can be confusing especially with so many colors and styles to choose from, you can end up confused between colors curtains furniture and never know what you really want. Proper planning before starting any project is an absolute must and will help you to have some sort of vision in your mind so that you know what you are aiming for. Follow these simple tips and you are sure to have the perfect living room in no time at all!